Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Around our house, we love to drag out all of our holidays as long as we can, and Halloween is no exception!  Alexa and I started out Saturday morning baking cupcakes together!  This was my first attempt having little hands help in the kitchen, and I must say it was a huge success!!  She had a wonderful time and I love finding fun activities we can enjoy together!


That afternoon, some of my best childhood friends stopped by for a short visit!!  It is always great to see sweet friends who I miss so much!  Even though our visit was not long enough, I will definitely take what I can get!!! 



Around 4:00, my sister, brother-in-law, and niece Brooklyn came over to begin our celebrations!!  We let the girls open up their gifts and play all evening!  It was a great time!!!

Look at my little pumpkin!  Isn't she the sweetest!?  Happy 1st Halloween sweet girl!


Every holiday (if you can even count Halloween a holiday) we think everyone needs gifts.  My husband thinks I am crazy, but I love an excuse to buy a gift!!  I mean, who wouldn't want to buy these sweet little ducks lots of presents!!!  It really did look like we had celebrated Christmas with all of the wrapping paper spread across the front yard!!


Our precious little ducks!!  Its impossible to get a good picture of two toddlers, hopefully my sister was able to get one where they were both looking!!!


Enjoying her Sit & Spin!  I had never seen one of these before, but Jonathan said it was one of his childhood favorites, so of course Miss Alexa Jayne needed one of her own! :)


Anything with a cupcake on it is a hit in Alexa's eyes!!  Thank you Grammy & Pops!!!


Checking out all of her goodies from her GiGi!!  Thank you GiGi!!!


Sunday, we went over to Grammy & Pops' house because cousin Brookie had spent the night!  We took our cupcakes we had made the day before so the girls could decorate them together!  They had so much fun!  Brooklyn did great... Alexa looked for any excuse to lick the icing or sneak some sprinkles!



The final product!!!!


Unfortunately, when Alexa woke up from her nap, I could tell she was not 100%.  But she was still in a happy mood, so we decided to take her out for a few festivities!  Our first stop was the neighbor's house!  It was like she had trick-or-treated a million times.  She knew exactly what to do!



 She didn't wait any time enjoying her treats!


She's cute, even when she is covered in icing!


We wore Addi out quick!!!  Too much fun for her!!


If you have read previous posts, you have heard about our "amazing neighbors".... well here they are!!!  And, of course, they way out-did themselves again making Halloween special for our girls!!  They are the best!!!


We actually got a family picture!!!



Next, we headed over to my brother and sister-in-law's house for dinner!!  Alexa had a blast running around the yard and playing with the puppies!!!  I think she was worn out by the time we left!!!

My beautiful girls!!!  When I uploaded this picture, I couldn't help but cry!!  How amazing is it that I have TWO baby girls!!!  I still can not get over it!!!  I have waiting my entire life to be a mommy, and I couldn't have dreamed about more amazing girls!!!  I love you two more than you will ever know!!!!  I mean, how cute are they!!


We ran into Addilyn's sweet friend Anneliese!!  Anneliese is 20 days younger than Addi!  Is she not the sweetest little bumblebee you have ever seen!!!  What a doll!!  I know they have lots of fun times ahead of them!


At the end of the night, we made a quick visit to our church's fall festival!  Aunt Allison and Uncle Kristofer kept baby Addi so Jonathan and I could play with Alexa!  The girls enjoyed a ride on a train, got a little candy, and then we called it a night!!  By this point, the Tylenol was wearing off and I could tell Alexa wasn't feeling so well!!!


I would say, we had a wonderful weekend!!!  Halloween 2010 was a success!!!  {even if my little duck wasn't 100%}

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness... you DO have the cutest girls ever! LOVE Alexa's beautiful smile & curls :) And their costumes were so precious! Sounds like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete