Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Pumpkin Patch.

Well, it wouldn't be fall without a visit to the pumpkin patch!  Alexa had a great time.  She recently learned how to say 'pumpkin' so she super excited about it!  Now, she was definitely more interested in the stack of hay she could climb up, but she thought the pumpkins were pretty neat too.  Thankfully, a sweet friend offered to tag along so we could get a few family pictures as well.  There were too many distractions for Alexa to really sit still and cooperate, but I told myself before we got that I was not going to get frusturated with her not wanting to take pictures... I just wanted her to have a good time.  So, please excuse us that they are not the best of pictures.  But, perfect or not, I think they accurately capture how much fun we were having!!








A few days later, we made our first family attempt at carving a pumpkin.  I have no memories growing up of carving pumpkins, so I was completely clueless.  Thankfully Daddy knew what he was doing and Alexa dove right in to help!!


We caught her trying to eat it!!  YUCK!

Then, of course, Daddy encouraged it!

Please excuse my appearance, we just had to get one family photo!

Then, our finished product!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment