Thursday, October 28, 2010

Isn't it Ironic?

I confessed on the previous post how "crazy" life around here has been lately!  So, you can imagine my enthusiam when my sister called to ask if Alexa could have a slumber party with Brooklyn for a night!  A small part of me knew I would miss my sweet girl, but the thought of a quiet, uneventful day sounded like pure bliss!

Little did I know how much I would actually miss her!!

I cried the first 15 minutes after dropping her off!  Listening to the radio, rather than Blue's Clues, on the drive home felt strange.  I missed her begging for my hand all afternoon so I would follow her every move.  I missed her asking for her "blue swing" {on her swingset} the entire time I fed Addi Joy.  I missed telling her over and over at dinner that she needs to eat her food, not Lucy dog.  I missed fighting her in the bath tub because she will not lean her head back so I can rinse her hair, but doing my very best not to get it in her eyes and ears either. I missed her sweet snuggles last night and giving her the bedtime bottle {YES, we still have the bottle, and I don't want to hear it from anyone... I am not ready to give up that sweet time}!  I missed hearing her saying "MaMa... Addi.... Daddy.... Lucy" over and over on the monitor this morning.  I missed having to figure out how I was going to feed both girls breakfast at the same time.  The peace and quiet is almost scary to me now!

So, how in the world can I miss her so much when she makes me crazy most of the day?!  I think that's one of the biggest ironies of motherhood!  No matter how much they make us want to pull our hair out, we wouldn't change it for the world.  I must admit, I even miss her when I lay her down for a nap!!  I count down the minutes for a little peace and quiet and then as soon as I get it, I want her to wake back up!!

However, it has been much easier being a mommy of one the past 24 hours.  Working around one schedule is so much easier than trying to balance two!  I have had the chance for super sweet snuggle time with baby Addi!  Being the second child, its unfortunate that she does not get held "just because" as much as you do the first time around.  Alexa was 6 months old before she took a nap without being held!  But, she was my only one, I didn't work, and there was no one else demanding my attention throughout the day.  Its hard for me to admit that I just don't have the time to hold Addi all day and when I do, I feel guilty that Alexa isn't getting enough attention either.  So, its been a special time having guilt-free time to love all over Addilyn and not put her down!!!  (I'm even holding her while I blog).   She is just growing so fast and I want to treasure every minute of it!!!  

I've also had the chance at a little "me" time!  I having been working on some card orders, did some shopping, took a shower and actually straightened my hair, planning Alexa's 2nd birthday party, online shopped, and I plan on getting out later to gather up some Halloween things for the girls.  Jonathan even let us get take-out last night so I didn't have to spend any time in the kitchen!

Thank you Aunt Ashley for giving me time to breathe and for taking such great care of my princess!!!  I know she is having a blast and loving every minute of her time with ya'll!!

Needless to say, I have definitely enjoyed the little break, but until I get my hands back on my sweet big girl, I will feel like a little piece of my heart is still missing!!!  Isn't it ironic?!

No comments:

Post a Comment