Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy 2-Month Birthday Addi Joy!


I know I will say this every month, BUT I really can not believe that my teeny baby is already 2 months old!!!  I feel like I can not remember life before she was here, but in the same breath I feel like I just found out I was pregnant!!!  Time flies by way too fast.  I wish I could just push a pause button and stop life so I can take a deep breath, capture it all, and then file it away so I will remember every little detail!!!!

The past two months have been crazy {sometimes just utter choas}, but they, without a doubt, have been the best of my life!!!  My two sweet girls have forever changed my life, and I can not imagine what I would do without them!!  

Addilyn is slowly turning into a little person!!  Its so much fun when they start to focus on you when you talk to them and acknowledge that you even exist!  She is definintely starting to smile more and more and really listens when you talk to her!!  Her acid reflux is improving, thanks to the maximum dosage of medication.  She is drinking about 3 oz. of formula at every feeding and for the most part keeps it down. Everyday she becomes more and more content.  She is typically fussy in the evenings, but that is to be expected.  She LOVES her swing and really doesn't mind tummy time {polar opposite from her big sister}.  Her head control is really good.... I am amazed how well she can hold her head up and look around.  She continues to be a great sleeper.  For the last 2 weeks, she goes to bed around 10:00pm and doesn't wake up until 5:30am-ish.  She will drink her bottle quickly, and then go back down for another 2-3 hours!  She has been super generous to us with her sleep schedule!

Addi had her 2-month check-up today and her first round of immunizations!  She weighs 8lbs 15oz {9th %}, is 22inches long {36th %}, and has a head circumference of 15inches {33rd %}.  She is still on the small side, but definitely showing improvement from her starting weight of 5lbs 12oz {3rd %}.  Our doctor said she is showing all of the signs of a colicy baby, which I suspected.  But, hopefully we are on the right track now!  She did great with her shots... it was much harder on me than it was on her!!!  I wish, more than anything, I could take all the pain from my babies and take it for myself!  

Here are a few of our favorite memories of the last month!

Here was her 1-month Birthday picture!!  

Alexa wanted to share her baby with Addi!!  Sweet Addi can sleep through anything!!

 Mimi & Papi came to visit!!!

The shirt says it all! :)

She is definitely a Grammy girl!

Her first pumpkin patch visit!

Sweet girl spends a lot of afternoons like this!!  Alexa plays on the swingset, while Addi enjoys the beautiful weather and fresh air in her bouncy seat.  She is extremely content when we are outside... I think she loves it!

She was not very thrilled with her big sister accessorizing her!  Alexa sure looks proud though {or just completely guilty}!


Addilyn Joy,
We love you so much!!  You are such a sweet, snuggly baby girl!!  I feel so honored that God has blessed us with you and entrusted your life in our hands!  You are absolutely beautiful and look so much like your daddy!  Your long beautiful eyelashes are breathtaking!  I am so sorry that your little tummy has hurt so much, and I desperately wish I could take it all away!!  I am confident that the doctors are doing everything they can to help you feel better!!  I pray everyday that you will have a soft, sweet heart as you grow and that your life would be Christ-centered!  I pray that you would allow God to use you in every way for HIS glory!  In your short little life, HE has already used you to touch my life and teach me so many things I didn't know about myself!  I could not be more proud to be your mommy!  You truly are a JOY!  
I love you so much sweet Addi girl!!!
Mommy


  

3 comments:

  1. She is so cute! You've got some beautiful girls, Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is precious Tiffany! LOVE this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both so cute. I am glad to see that Alexa likes the baby doll that Chandler picked out for her, she use to have one just like it and was obsessed with the fact that it had a pacifier just like she did.

    ReplyDelete