Thursday, March 10, 2011

SIX Months of JOY!


I am having a really hard time coping with the fact that my teeny, tiny, little baby is growing up!!  Honestly, I still look at her as if she were my newborn baby!  Last week we went to a friends house to see her one-week old baby boy.  It was then that it really hit me.... Addilyn is NOT a little bity baby anymore.  She is really growing up!!!  And its just going by way too fast!!!  She is HALF A YEAR old!!  It doesn't even seem possible!  I really feel like I just found out I was pregnant with her!

It is SOOOOO different the second time around!  I feel like I was always rushing Alexa on to the next stage.  I was so ready for her to start cereal and jar food.  I spent all day coaxing her to roll over, or crawl, and eventually walk.  I couldn't wait for what was coming up next.  I wished it all away.  But, with Addi, its so different.  I am not sure if I am scared of her growing up too fast because I don't know if she is my last baby and I will never go through each stage again.  Or, if I just have her invisioned as a tiny baby because she is so much smaller than Alexa.  I really don't know what it is, but I just want her to stay my little snuggly baby girl!!

Much to my dismay, she is definitely growing up!  The last month has been absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!  She is FINALLY a truly happy, happy, happy girl!!!!  Seeing her smile and giggle is the greatest reward!  She spent the first 5 months of her life so unhappy that I just wasn't sure if she would ever grow out of it!!  She now smiles ALL the time and has the sweetest little giggle in the world.  Big sister get most of the laughs, but occassionally daddy and I get some too!!  She is proving to be more content than we ever thought she was.  She really must have been in so much pain! :(  We have been taking her to an AMAZING chiropractor, Dr. Kip Mayo.  Since we started seeing him 4 weeks ago, Addilyn has done a 180!  He has worked some miracles!!  We are so thankful for him and his practice!  Everything about his office is wonderful!  They are all so sweet and truly care about my girl.  Even Alexa Jayne makes herself at home when we go there!  She starts clapping and yelling "Addi, Dr. Mayo's office!" when we pull in the parking lot!  We all love it there!!

Addi is definitely on the small side still!!  But, we figured her growth would be a little slow since she decided to make her arrival a month early!  She offically weighs 13lbs 8oz (7th %tile), is 26in long (57th %tile) and her head was in the 75th %tile.  She is still a petite little girl!  She still fits in most of her 3 month clothes, but has worn a few 6 month things.  We are getting a lot longer use of all her baby clothes than I expected.  She is more beautiful than ever!! She has the bluest eyes and the longest, darkest eyelashes!!  She gets compliments on her beautiful eyes all the time!  She is just so striking!!  She has lost a lot of hair!  Right now, it is still dark, but I am 95% sure her roots are growing in blonde!  Jonathan and I both had super blonde hair as little kids, so it really won't surprise me if she turns blonde for a little while and then goes back to having dark hair when she gets older!

She started rolling over about a month and a half ago.  She is a rolling machine!  She was so excited to figure out she could move around on her own.  She is not quite ready to sit up on her own right now.  She can sit for a few seconds on her own, but then she topples over.  I keep telling Jonathan there is no way she can sit on her own because she doesn't have a 'base' of any kind!  She loves to sit up and tries to sit up on her own when we put her in her bouncy chair now.  She has pretty strong abs to be so little!  She LOVES to be outside.  She is the most content when she is outside in the sun with the cool breeze.  She loves her daily stroller rides and swinging with her big sister!

She FINALLY started taking naps in her own bed!!!  (I have a picture below to prove it!)  It was all my fault that she didn't nap in her bed!  I LOVE snuggling with her while she sleeps.  So, as soon as I laid Alexa down for nap, Addi and I would curl up on the couch and snuggle for 2 hours!  It was such a sweet, special time and I am soooooooo thankful I spent the first 6 months doing that while I could!!  One day, she won't want to do that anymore! :(  But, Daddy insisted that I lay her down in her bed at nap to get her used to her bed.  So, being the sweet, submissive wife I am (right, honey?!), I agreed.  She has done great in her bed and I think the scheduled naps have made her happier.  She rolls straight on her tummy and sleeps about an hour to hour and a half in the morning, and about two to three hours in the afternoon!  I am sure she is much more comfortable in there then in my arms.  However, she is still sleeping in our room at night in her amby baby!!!!  I LOVE being able to look over at her in the middle of the night and knowing shes ok!  She sleeps great in our room, about 10 hours a night.  But, I think Daddy is about to make her move to her own bed at night too, so until then, I am going to savor every moment of it!!!!

We started cereal when Addi turned 5-months old.  She definitely isn't too crazy about it!  I am not one of those moms who forces it too much!  We try, but if she starts crying or just spits it out, I just move on. A few nights ago we attempted carrots for the first time.  She did ok, but she didn't love it!  She made some funny faces and swallowed about half of them.  We will do carrots one more day and then we are moving on to sweet potatoes.  Hopefully she will learn to love it soon!













We are so thankful for our sweet little miracle!!  God has blessed us far beyond our greatest imagination!!!  She brings so much JOY in our life and I can't imagine what life would be like without her!!  God's plans ALWAYS prove to be far greater than my own, and I am so THANKFUL He has entrusted her precious life to us!!  The past six months have been some of the hardest of my life, but they have definitely been the most rewarding!  I am so excited to see what the next months have in store, but I am also completely content with Addi staying my baby girl!!!

Addilyn Joy, we LOVE you so much!!!  Happy 6-Month Birthday Beautiful Baby!!!  

1 comment: