Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I couldn't ask for more!

I have been having so many mixed emotions lately about my sweet little princess growing up! One minute, I feel like I am wishing that she was potty-trained and independent and the next I want to swaddle her and have her snuggle up on my chest like she did the first six months of her life. Why is it that I find myself always looking forward or looking back? Why can't I just live in each minute and ENJOY what life IS right now?!?

I have recently heard a couple of heart wrenching stories about tragic situations people are facing with their children. I am sure they only wish that their big delimma for the day was whether or not their baby should be off the bottle. Or when is the right time to transition to a big girl bed. I know they only WISH these were their concerns. And one day they were, and I am sure they NEVER thought they would be faced with the situations they are going through. We never know what God has planned for the next day. Maybe it's great, maybe it's not... but either way, we are assured that GOD is in control of it. HE has it planned out perfectly and all for HIS glory!

So, my prayer now is to enjoy the present! The more I try to plan the more un-needed stress I bring to my life. I am not sure what life will be like in 5 months when #2 has arrived. I am not sure how Alexa will do transitioning into a new bed. I am not sure if she will miss her morning bottle. I am not sure what the next hour will hold. But, I am sure that RIGHT NOW I am happy. Right now, my baby girl is more perfect than ever. Right now, every kick and subtle movement I feel in my tummy makes me smile. Right now, God has blessed me with such an amazing husband and father of my babies. Right now, my hope and my faith lie in Jesus Christ. And, I couldn't ask for more!

Everyday that passes is a gift. I want to live for each day. I want to teach my children to be CONTENT with life in the present.... WHATEVER it may be. It is ok for me to look back on sweet memories of Alexa as a newborn, or to look forward with sweet anticipation on what life will be like in the future, but I don't want to dwell. I want to be perfectly content with where God has me RIGHT NOW! Because I am here for a reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment